Scientist I or II, Medicinal Chemistry
|Location:||San Diego, California 92121|
|Position type:||Full time|
|Required education:||Ph.D. or BS/MS with 8+ years relevant experience|
Jecure Therapeutics Inc. is an exciting and privately held biotech company based in San Diego focusing on the discovery of novel therapeutics for NASH and liver fibrosis. We seek a talented Medicinal Chemist for a Scientist position with responsibility for advancing a world-class medicinal chemistry program to identify high-quality small molecule therapeutics. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical skills and experience in drug discovery. In addition, the successful candidate will have a track record of scientific accomplishment as evidenced by publications, patents, and the like as well, as a demonstrated ability to work collegially in a team environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Apply contemporary medicinal chemistry principles towards the design of novel organic compounds;
- Practice state-of-art organic synthesis techniques to synthesize, purify, and isolate novel compounds for testing in both in vitro and in vivo assays;
- Develop SAR to advance program directives and communicate scientific findings both internally and externally;
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge on medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry, and project-related scientific literature.
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com; please reference job posting # 20170313MC.
Ph.D. with at least 3 years of relevant work experience in the field of drug discovery. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Synthetic organic chemistry and compound purification
- Structure-based drug design
- Ability to integrate biochemical, cell-based, DMPK, and in vivo data to the design of novel molecules
Send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.